- treat or regard with contempt or disrespect
- lower the character or quality of
- reduce to a lower rank, especially as a punishment
Synonyms: demean, debase, cheapen, devalue, shame, humiliate, mortify, abase, dishonor, dehumanize, brutalize, lossy
- present or existing from the beginning; first or earliest
- created directly and personally by a particular artist; not a copy or imitation
Synonyms: authentic, genuine, actual, true, bona fide, kosher, archetype, prototype, source, master, lossless
Do you think mp3 would be nearly as popular if it was called the devalued version or dehumanized version?
Do you think lossless would be ignored by the masses if it was called the original version or the true version?
Of course not – this is the power of labels. Marketers and politicians understand this and use it against us. We must see through the subtle brainwashing, this trick of words.
Lossy sounds like a cool nickname on purpose. It’s all marketing. They figured out how to sell us less for the same and have been doing it for nearly 16 years now.
The various limitations requiring degradation of our fucking music have expired – leaving only greed.