Finally we have arrived at the main event. Actually, we have to wait 8 days for it (the longest time ever!).
Update — Check out the NBA Finals Tale of the Tape
I’ll be doing some statistical and eyeball analysis over the next couple of days before announcing my pick for the finals. Initial thoughts:
- Since the Cavs made their big roster shakeup and Lebron’s winter break, they have a better record than the Warriors.
- Lebron out-ranks everyone in the series in championship pedigree. Knowing how to get one is different than wanting one.
- The Cavs roster has more playoff experience, more finals experience, and more championship rings than the Warriors.
- Blatt and Kerr are rookie NBA coaches, but Blatt has coached several major championships around the world over the last 20 years. He’s no rookie coach, he’s a rookie NBA coach. In actual games won he’s closer to Popovich than Kerr.
- The Warriors offensive strength is their outside shooting. Just like the Hawks, who shot 20% lower against the Cavs than anyone else.
So that’s just some food for thought as they announce the Cavs as underdogs.